Department of Assamese
Collaboration and MoU
The Department of Assamese has started it’s journey introducing Master of Arts (MA) programme with 50 students in 2015 in this university campus. At the initial stage Ankumani Das, Rumi Kakati rendered service as contractual teacher and Dr. Archana Devi (in the IMS/MA section) rendered service as a guest teacher. Dr. Ankumani Das, Dr. Rumi Kakati, Dr. Gunin Saikia and Dr. Deepsikha Gogoi joined the department as Assistant Professor in 2019 and till now except Dr. Rumi Kakati (Expired in 2022) all of them serving in the department. After that Dr. Ajit Bharali joined this department in 2021. From March, 2021 he has been serving as the Head of the Department.
Profile of Dr. Ajit Bharali
Name : Dr. Ajit Bharali
Department : Assamese
Designation : Associate Professor (Head)
Ajit Bharali is an Associate professor and Head of the Assamese Department.He did his post Graduation and PhD from Gauhati University. His subject specialization are Assamese Literature,Culture,Drama and movie analysis.
- Recipient of the “Barsa Shresthya Byakti”,2022 for his literary works .
- Recipient of the “Ram Gogoi Sahitya Bota”,2014 for “Tengechiphula Eta Dupariya” ,a collection of poems, published in the year 2013.
- Recipent of the ” Homen Borgohain Sahitya Bota”, 2013 for ” Sukurbariya Bazar aru Anyanya”, a collection of articles,published in the year 2011.
Project Carried Out
- Asomar Paramaragata Khel-Dhemali Aru Avasar Binodan,UGC,one year six month,2012
- Bhaonar Bhinna Rup,UGC,Two years,2010
- Ujani Asamor Lokageet:Eti Bislesanatmak Adhayayan,UGC, Two year,2004
- Dhal,Janjari Aru Kauri Khari,A collection on stories and narratives,Published Chandra Prakash,2022,ISBN: 978-81-244-0757-8
- Luka-Kreeraa(Ed),A Study on folkplay of Assam,Published by Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit & Ancient Studies University,2022 ,ISBN: 978-81-954741-2-7(Included Syllabus of Assamese Department KBVS&ASU)
- Natak aru Manchakala(Ed),A collection of Assamese articles on the different aspects of Drama,Published by Chandra Prakash,2018,ISBN: 978-81-244-0453-9(Included Syllabus of Assamese Department Gauhati University)
- Esha Basarar Nirbachita Asomiya Kabita(Ed), An anthology of Assamese poetry of a century in Assamese,Published by Krantikal Prakashan,2018,ISBN:978-93-84679(Included Syllabus of Assamese Department KBVS&ASU)
- Gadyarekha(Ed),An anthology of Assamese Prose,Published by Krantikal Prakashan,2017,ISBN:978-93-84679-60-6(Included Syllabus of Assamese DepartmentGauhati University & KBVS&ASU)
Profile of Dr. Ankumani Das
Name : Dr. Ankumani Das
Department : Assamese
Designation : Assistant Professor
Dr Ankumani Das is an Assistant Professor and former HoD (i/c) in the department of Assamese. She did her postgraduate from Gauhati University. She has completed her research work on the topic entitled “ Political reality on Assamese Short story(1980-2005)” from Gauhati University. Her areas of interest are Assamese Literature, Literary theory and Criticism, Comparative Literature and Feminist Criticism.
Her latest five publications are-
- ‘ অসমীয়া চুটিগল্পত সন্ত্ৰাসৰ চিত্ৰণ’ is published in Anvesan UGC care listed ISSN 2250-2475.
- ‘ঔপন্যাসিক পদ্মনাথ গোহাঞিবৰুৱা’ is published in Prakash a reviewed research journal ,ISSN 2279-0683
- ‘নাৰীবাদী সমালোচনা আৰু অসমীয়া চুটিগল্প’ is published in Women and Society ,ISBN book published by Women Cell,BBK College.
- ‘তগৰৰ যাতনা পিতৃতান্ত্ৰিক সমাজৰ নিৰ্মাণ ‘ is published in Prakash,a reviewed research journal, ISSN 2279-0683
- ‘ভূপেন হাজৰিকাৰ গীত আৰু জাতীয় চেতনা’ published in Gariyoshi , UGC care listed journal,ISSN 2349-5324.
Profile of Dr Archana Devi
Name : Dr Archana Devi
Department : Assamese
Designation : Guest faculty
Dr Archana Devi is an Guest Faculty Deptt of Assamese She has Completed her Mphil and PhD Research work on the topic entitled
Mphil Dissertation: Nalbari Jilar Satranusthan Ek Samikshatmak Adhyana ( Nirbachita Mouza Bhittik)
PhD : Uttar Swadhinata Kalar Upanyasat Pratibadi Nari Charitra
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS :
Diploma in Nepali Language Training,2011, NERLC
Diploma in Computer Application,2013,NICM
Her latest publications are-
1. Banjit Baishya: NET, SLET
2.Saurabh Barman: NET
3.Tuleswar Rajbangshi: NET
4.Imamul Haque: NET-JRF
5.Rupjyoti Kumar: NET
6.Anamika Baro: NET-JRF
PURSUING HIGHER EDUCATION:
1. Rhituparna Deka: Pursuing Ph.D
2. Banjit Baishya: Pursuing Ph.D
3. Nilakshi Devi: Pursuing Ph.D
4.Nirmali Boro: Pursuing Ph.D
5.Anamika Baro: Pursuing Ph.D
6.Imamul Haque: Pursuing Ph.D
1. Banjit Baishya
2. Dolly Das
3. Barasha Das
4. Bijumani Talukdar
5. Bhanita Barman 6. Himakshi Kalita
7. Charan Deka
8. Gitashri Malakar
9. Tuleswar Rajbangshi
10. Rupjyoti Kumar
11. Geetika Das
ALL STUDENT ACHIVEMENT:
INDIA BOOK OF RECORDS
Appreciated Jahidul Ali for Writings all the Assamese and English Alphabets with Rice.
M.A. (Post Graduation) In Assamese
|Candidates with Bachelor degree in Assamese (Major/ Honours) from any University recognized by UGC with minimum 40% can apply for the course|
- Wall Magazine: BARNIL
- Hand Written Magazine: BARNABARTIKA
- 1. 2nd & 4th semester students of Assamese Department conducted a field study at Namati village, Moiradanga on 29/11/2018.
- 2. The 4th semester Literature group students went on a field visit on 23/03/2019 to south Kamrup. In their visit they studied the “The Shakti Tradition and rituals of south kamrup”.
- 3. K.K. Handique Library, Gauhati University was visited by the students of Assamese Department on 21/03/16
- 4. The 4th semester students carried out a field study on 14/02/ 2020 at Manas National Park.
- 5. The 2nd semester students did a field study on 18/02/2020 at Assam Museum.
- 6. 2nd & 4th semester students of Assamese Department conducted a field study at Sri Surya Pahar, Goalpara on 22/12/2022.
- 7. K.K. Handique Library, Gauhati University was visited by the students of Assamese Department on 04/05/2023.
- 8. “Fagunore Baa” was celebrated in the department in the presence of well known Assamese poet Nilim Kumar on 27/03/2023.
The following courses have been included as part of the CBCS curriculum-
- Short Film Production
- Traditional games of Assam
- Sociology of literature.
- Women Literature
- One Art Exhibition was held by Department of Assamese on 29th Dcember, 2022
- Participated in Women’s Day programme on 8th March with Women’s Forum.
- Arrange Language Awareness rally on International Mother Language Day.
- “Arrange Field trip, Excursion, Script Study for student.
- Best Practice of the Department
- Department of Assamese has been running a Facebook page since August 2021. Through this page the department memorizes the eminent personalities of Assamese language, literature, culture and glorifies their contributions.
The Department has started a Book Bank to provide the students a conducive atmosphere for learning. Presently there are near by 400 books in the library.
Wall Magazine : ‘Bornil’.
Hand Written Magazine: ‘Borno Bortika’.
- To publish a research journal.
- To start a publication cell with priority on reprinting the old and rare books.
- To put wider focus on Comparative Indian literature and World Literature
- To engage extensively with Tribal Studies and the rich heritage of Assamese Culture.
- To start a diploma Programme on Performing arts of Assam with specific focus on different dance forms and folk music of Assam.
- Although the student-teacher ratio of our department is not satisfactory, we have planning to admit number of more meritorious students at our department.